Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Our Heads

Long time no see, folks!
Glad to see you again, literally.

I don't know how long the mobile broadband is going to last, so I'd better make it quick. I wish it will entice you to read and share instead of just pressing “like” and go away. We can't live without your love and I am going to tell you why.

We are very, very lucky that Typhoon Haiyan missed Indonesia; however, it brought about 5 days of constant rain (yes it's 5 x 24 hours of rain) and our sanctuary is flooded. Ironic, that we are in a hill, but we're flooded.

Today is the second day that the sun is shining, but we're covered in mud from top to toe, literally. The Whiskers' Syndicate and I are covered in mud, literally from head to toe. We can't go anywhere without skating on the slurry floor and get ourselves dirty, especially when we fell down (happened all the time). We got dirty food, murky water, broken stove, and a washing machine that needs washing. My laptop sits quietly on top of the kitchen cabinet, along with my printer and camera, but all of my Whiskers' Syndicate's fliers, post cards, business cards are gone. I have to go to nearby convenient store to charge my cell phone, though the mobile broadband is practically gone (hence I can't get on line). At least I can still use my phone to call someone if emergency arise.

None the less, we are grateful that we all go through it in one piece. The sick kittens are improving, and it's my greatest joy to watch them walking slowly into the sun to get some real warmth (instead of emergency lamp). The cleaning job will absolutely drain me out, but I know I will endure because I have the whole world of supporters praying and sending thoughts.

Renovation to the sanctuary is imminent. Without proper drainage, I am not sure how we will survive if the real rainy season arrive (around Christmas) without snorkeling around the house. I will try to gather information on the prices of materials and all, but according to a consultant that I called, it will be near USD 5,000, more or less.

There will be a special fundraiser to donate to once I got the budget ready, and also an online auction to help us renovate our home. If you wish to participate in the fundraiser, please come back in a few days. If you can't send cash but would like to donate one or two items for the online auction, please send me a message.

If you want to help now? You can. You can click "Pitch In"  on that blue box to the right and help us with our under-funded operating budget and jump back in later, or we have a shop: Whiscraft that sells handmade gifts for pets and pets lovers. You can see if some of our items are worthy for your Christmas shopping, and to begin with, there's Mollie Morrissette, who runs a fabulous blog about poison in pet food and how to avoid it. She recently wrote about us to say that our products are SAVE.

Go give a look:
http://www.poisonedpets.com/natural-handmade-pet-toys-clothing-etsy-animals-artists/

10 comments:

  1. Dearest Josie- I posted this to care2, so I hope to get more donations flowing your way. I am sorry about the flooding- but I am relieved some of the kittens are doing better- you are a miracle worker, even in the rain :-) hugs to you and the mobsters - Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi muddy sister !
    i'll have to wait till the 23rd before i can donate, sorry.
    but i do have things to donate for the auction - just let me know when/where/how.
    i the meantime best of luck cleaning ! thank goodness cats are self-cleaning - or do they need a bit of extra help with that now ?
    perhaps you'd better practise your snorkeling skills...
    hugs and purrs ! =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no need to be sorry when you do what you can, dear Ekeim. We are grateful enough that you helped us so many time and donate a lot of your time to help us. Don't feel belittled :)

      Delete
  3. OMG !!! JOSIE SWEETIE, DADDY * I ARE SOOO GLAD U & ALL THE FUR BABIES ARE NOT HURT, A BIT WET & MUDDY YES, BUT, SAFE & SOUND, ; WE SENT MONEY TO THE PITCH IN, TODAY & WE MAYB ABLE TO SPARE SOME MORE NX WK ! XXXXX
    CRIKEY, U SURE DIDN'T NEED THIS TO HAPPEN, U HAVE ENOUGH GOING ON, WITH THE KITTEHS & THEIR AILMENTS !!!
    DADDY & I DID WONDER IF U WERE GOING TO BE AFFECTED AT ALL, BY THE TYPHOON & WE WERE WATCHING WHERE IT WENT, BUT LOOKING AT A WEATHER MAP, DOESN'T REALLY GIVE ENOUGH DETAIL, THAT'S WHY I WAS GLAD TO SEE A LINK TO U, IN A STORY ABOUT U FROM A FRIEND ! XXXXX
    GOD WILL GIVE U THE STRENGTH TO CARRY ON, SWEET GIRL, JUST CALL ON JESUS !
    MUMMY WILL BE SHARING UR LATEST EPISODE, OF THE WHISKERS MOBSTERS & YOURSELF, OF COURSE ! XXXXX
    ALSO PRAYING FOR U, DEAREST DAUGHTER & UR KITTEHS, WITH LOTS OF LOVE,
    FROM MUMMY & DADDY XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise, we are truly grateful that we are all right. Thank you very much for your prayers mummy. They are the source of our strength.

      Delete
  4. Dear Josie my heart aches knowing you and the precious purrbabies are struggling with flooding after the terrible Typhoon Haiyan. My 'LIL SIS TRISH sent me the message and link to Christeen's news which I just read. I am praying you will receive funds to help with the clean up and to get all the supplies you need, not to mention the medicines needed for the sick ones. Stay strong and know you are so loved and we all want to help as much as possible. I'm sick but will send funds as soon as our disability check comes in next week. Biggest hugs Josie, you are in my heart. Jesus and our Father in Heaven protect and lift up you and all the kitteh's. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your prayers and wishes, auntie Rosemary. It is your support that give us strength to go through beyond our valley of darkness.

      Delete
  5. Josie, I'm so sorry that you and your kitties are having troubles. I wish that I could be there to help you clean and repair the damage.
    I've sent along your story to my friends and relatives and am looking for something to donate to the auction.
    God bless you for all you do. Stay strong, sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much JoAnn. You see? You are just as caring as I am!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Us